Friday, May 4, 2012

Still try to figure things out

Ordered new vanilla beans today. Have the materials to make shelving in the basement to hold my bottles and brewing vanilla. Discovered I have a new hobby, vanilla sniffing! Yes, you heard me right! I am experimenting with different beans from different areas of the world to see which ones I think smell the best. I have learned that Madagascar beans are still my favorite. Tahitian beans produce a vanilla that smells very sweet and I am eagerly awaiting my beans from Indonesia to try them!

I love my blue bottles with the black caps. I love the red and white ribbon on them. My daughter, Rebekah, is trying to convince me to try different ribbon and my original thought was that I would put different ribbons on each bottle but I admit that I love the look and am reluctant to try other ribbons!

It amazes me how many things you can experiment with when it comes to vanilla! I am eagerly looking forward to sharing my experiences!

In the meantime, have a beautiful day and remember, until my sister figures out how to get the order page in working order, if you need to order vanilla, please email me at WindyHillVanilla@gmail.com

Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment